If you follow me, you have a right to know! As a Christian, I’m way too conservative for the liberal church and way too liberal for the conservative church. Hopefully, there are lots of you out there who can meet me in the middle.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God manifested in the flesh.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was sacrificed as a ransom for our sin, went to hell and was raised again. He now sits at the right hand of the Father and is coming again.
- The Trinity is basic to Christian belief. God exists as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit simultaneously and they are one. Any religion that denies this is not Christian.
- There is NO way to God but by the sacrifice of Jesus. He is the way, the truth, and the light. You cannot be good enough to go to Heaven. We are all sinners who need a savior.
- It is by His NAME that we are saved, but His Name is more than just a combination of sounds, more than just Yeshua or Jesus. His Name is a concept, a principle, a spiritual entity in itself. Its meaning is so much more important than the sounds themselves. The Name means salvation, wholeness, grace, and mercy. Well, there’s a whole lot more to it than that, but my point is that Jesus is the expression of God’s mercy. Therefore. I believe it is possible to know God in one’s spirit without knowing who He is with the intellect. When we get to Heaven, many will be shocked to find people there who were Hindu, Muslim, Pagan, Morman, etc. No this is not an “all religions lead to Heaven” theory. I have heard testimonies of people who died and were on their way to hell when Jesus appeared to them and told them to call on His Name. When they did, they were returned to this life. How many does that happen to who don’t come back to life?
- This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t preach the gospel! Heaven is good! But Heaven on earth is the goal! When people get a revelation of this, miracles happen. Broken hearts are mended. Bodies are healed. Demonic strongholds are obliterated. Fear, lack, and despair no longer have any hold. “Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven”. Let’s go there!
- The Bible is the Word of God. There are errors in the translations, but the manuscripts written in the original languages are total truth. All of it. I believe in the cannon we currently have. There are other books that are good to read, but these 66 books are scripture. Whatever doesn’t line up with these is not truth. I know, I know, there’s all that controversy about how we came up with it, but there are so many proofs that these books are indeed the Word of God. You don’t believe God can’t get His message across in spite of a counsel of men? He used pagan kings and prophets all the time. He is able.
- Holy Spirit lives in those who have made Jesus their LORD and Saviour.
- There is a baptism beyond water baptism called the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is where we not only believe, but are immersed in God Himself. Those who live in this baptism have a revelation beyond merely believing. They are vessels of His power, and often manifest miracles. Many speak in tongues, but that is not the evidence. All either speak in tongues or prophesy. They are empowered to be witnesses and live in a way that is a mystery to those who have yet to receive this gift.
- There are apostles and prophets in the earth today as well as evangelists, teachers, and pastors. The church needs all of them.
- We can and should meet with other believers as much as possible, however, organized religious structures are not the only place to do this. Homes, restaurants, parks and the internet are equally as valid.
- God still speaks to people today. We can hear His voice and He listens to ours.
- Not everything that happens on this earth is God’s will, but He will use all that happens for His glory and our ultimate good. He does not micromanage the world, but He has placed safeguards in the form of consequences to keep those who are hell bent from destroying His creation. In the end, He will prevail and so will we if we choose to follow His lead.
These are the concepts which govern all my other beliefs.
What do you believe?